Thursday, April 22, 2010

Lizard Lips

Starting to be active and outside again, I find myself wanting a good lip protector. I learned on my honeymoon that you can in fact sunburn your upper lip and it was partially because I wasn't using a lip balm with sunscreen. As soon as I saw this new lip balm on the counter at the store I knew I had to try it. I also knew that my husband would think I'm crazy, but this makes 14 active sticks of lip balm in my house. I use every single one of them; I like variety and having a back up if I lose one. What kind I say- I'm a lip balm addict.

Anyhow, my newest purchase was Lizard Lips, with an SPF of 22. It's a gluten free, paraben free, and petroleum free product. I have their original, but in the process of researching the product for this post, I discovered it comes in 4 flavors!, including Tangerine Dream, which greatly excites me. The product, regardless of flavor, is super soft. I mean it's like a hard stick of chapstick that's been sitting in your car on a medium warm day. Not so soft that it falls apart, but just nice and smooth. It's certainly not waxy like I found Badger Balm to be.

Additionally, some lip balms that contain SPF have a funny taste to it, because just like lipstick, we all inadvertently end up eating our chapstick, but I don't get that from this product. If you've read some of my previous posts regarding lip balms, you'll know my husband's experience is a big part of my decision process of which product to use. I have sticks that I only use when I'm at work, or when we're not together, because they're too waxy, or funny tasting to him. His take on the lizard lips- " Not very waxy, I don't taste the sunscreen, it's ok, but not great."

(Active ingredients (sunscreens):Avobenzone 3% Octinoxate 7.5% Oxybenzone 6%. Inactive ingredients: Aloe, Beeswax, Coconut Oil, Comfrey, Grape Seed Oil, Lanolin, Natural Flavor, Sage, Sal Butter, Shea Butter, Stevia, Sweet Almond Oil, Vitamin E.)

No comments: