Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Pork Chops in Mushroom Sauce

I found myself coming home from work around 9pm one night last week, and discovered my husband standing in front of the stove, making up some pork chops for us. When I was a kid dinner was around 5pm, and now life gets in the way, and I've become really flexible with what time dinner is going to be. I'm thankful my husband was willing to stand at the stove and make these delicious pork chops after we both had had a 12+ hour work day.

Ingredients
4 boneless pork chops
1 Tbsp olive oil
8 OZ sliced mushrooms
1/2 Tbsp onion powder
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp sage
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 Tbsp parsley
1/2 cup gluten free chicken broth
1 tsp cornstarch mixed with 1 TBSP water
1/4 cup sour cream

Directions
1. Heat Oil; add pork and lightly brown both sides. Set aside.
2. Add mushrooms to skillet; saute.
3. Stir in seasoning.
4. Add broth.
5. Return pork to pan, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Stir in cornstarch mixture and slowly stir into juices around pork; stir until it thickens.
7. Stir in sour cream.
8. Serve and enjoy!

No comments: