Friday, April 2, 2010

Badge Balm

I stumbled upon yet another gluten free lip balm and of course I had to try it. Badger balm was a product I found online and wanted to try, and then there it was on the shelf at Ulta. The basic chapstick stick is about half the size of this .25oz stick, and those usually sell for $2 or $3, but this one was $5. In fact it's so much thicker you can actually coat both of your lips at the same time, instead of doing the top and then the bottom. I suppose that's a plus because it's a time saver, but it's kind of strange, just because I'm used to chapstick being a particular size.

Another semi strange thing about it is that the rounder to make the tube advance is at the top of the stick instead of the bottom. I can understand a companies deserve to try and change up a design concept, but why try to change a design that seems to work so well for so my other companies.

Similar to other lines Badger Balm comes in multiple flavors and I decided to try out the lime rocket. I like the flavor, but it does feel a little thick and waxy. I always do the kiss test with my husband to see if he wipes it off right away, and so far the only brand he doesn't mind is Yes to Carrots. He immediately knew I was wearing a different lip balm when I tried out this one. Also I notice it doesn't seem to keep my lips as moist for as long. In the end I'll use the stick as a backup, but it's not my favorite.

(Ingredients: Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Cocoa Butter, Golden Yellow Beeswax, Castor Bean Oil, Extract of Aloe Vera, and Extracts of Rosehip, & *Seabuckthorn Berry, Essential Oils of Lime, Litsea Cubeba, and Tangerine)

No comments: