Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pizza Rolls

Have you made monkey bread before? It can be sweet; it can be savory- I prefer the savory, like garlic butter rolls, or like I made this time- pizza style! Once again thanks to Pinterest I discovered a recipe posted by Confections of A Foodie Bride for pizza monkey bread. This is not your hurry up and bake pizza, but more like grab a cider and have some fun in the kitchen.  Plus it makes a great recipe for a party because of it's presentation.

You can use an pizza crust mix you want, but I made sure to make my pizza monkey bread gluten free and dairy free. I used the Gluten Free Mama pizza crust mix, mini hormel pepperoni's and daiya cheese. Of course using shredded cheese makes it a little bit more tricky, but I made it through. Basically smoosh the dough flat in your hand, add your fillers, coat with garlic butter, and put it in the pan. Repeat, repeat, and repeat again until you run out of dough.

You can use any kind of pan you want, but I used a bundt pan. I baked it for about 40 minutes at 350 degrees, but basically jsut watch to see if your dough is done. Grab your favorite pasta sauce for dipping, and away you go.  Delicious!

1 comment:

Heather Jacobsen said...

looks great! my kids would love this. :)