Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Ki's Resturant

Ki's Restaurant has been on my wishlist for a couple of years. Located in Cardiff by the Sea, which is a great surfing area, the restaurant itself is right across the street from the beach.

When you walk in it seems like an independent smoothie place, with a smoothie and juices menu above the register and a few small tables.  Their full menus are sitting at the counter and once you order you can go upstairs to seat yourself and pretty much anywhere in the house is a nice view of the ocean.

They have a gluten free menu for all three courses of the day, but I think breakfast is their specialty and serve it until 2pm. They use breads from a local bakery, and teff tortillas, with ingredients listed on the menu, as well as a dedicated toaster, etc. I gave the menu one look over and new instantly what I was going to order.

Believe it or not I have never had a breakast burritio before, so that's what I ordered.  Sure I've had left over burrito for breakfast, but not a burrito with breakfast foods. So in any case I was super excited about my burrito and it was absolutely delicious! Eggs, hash browns, avocado, tomatoes, and cheese (they have soy cheese if you're dairy free). I ate half and wrapped up the other half for the beach.

Everyone else I dined with was also very happy with the meal. I thought the orange juice was priced a little high, but I had a sip of my husband's and it was very good.  They also had coconut water and guayaki cans available for purchase, so it is definitely my kind of place. I'd like to come back and try other things off their menu; perhaps we'll do lunch next time.

Ki's on Urbanspoon

No comments: