Monday, November 28, 2011

CH-CH-CH-CHIA

I had no idea what synergy was until I started my current job a couple of years ago.  I tired it once and thought it was absolutely disgusting. It basically tastes like vinegar with a hint of whatever flavor it's supposed to be- guava, gingerberry. etc. I would much rather do a shot of apple cider vinegar in the morning and again at night, and still experience generally the same positive side effects.  What would those be you ask? Well it's supposed to be good for detoxifying the body, and thus it translates to a great beverage if you're hungover, so I'm told.

Recently I discovered the Cherry Chia Kombucha and a customer had me try some because I told him how gross I thought the stuff is. The cherry chia seems to be the exception to the gross factory- it tastes like jello.  See I like bits in my drinks; weird, I know, but it's true.  Aloe in my coconut water, tapioca gel balls in my smoothies, and now chia. It's a good source of fiber and also supposedly curbs food cravings.

So now I'm curious...are you a kombucha drinker?  Do you drink it because you actually like the flavor or because it dos good things for the body?

No comments: