Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I think I'll Press the Soup Button

I love my blender.  A slow cooker, I almost called it a crockpot, but like "sticky" vs. "post-it" and "gelatin" vs. "Jello," Crockpot is a brand, but in any case whatever you call it is a great winter appliance.  Sure you use it sometimes during the rest of the year, but it really gets its use in the winter. Go ahead, tell me if I'm wrong, but that's my take on it.
 The blender, however, is my next best friend in the winter for soups and smoothies in spring/summer. The right blender can make anything into a smooth liquid, and even heat it up for you too.  I made broccoli soup a little while ago, and loved it, and with fresh veggies from farmer's market  this past week I made taco soup.  Add in some beans at the last minute and pulse them in and sprinkle tortilla chips bits on top and it's like dining at a Mexican restaurant in the comfort of your own home.

1 comment:

Olinda said...

I Love blending soups in the blender. My son was "tired" of the chicken soup I made so I blended the rest and froze it. I pulled it out later and he thought this was awesome soup. He also called it DANK, which in teenage terms, I think it means awesome.

I also love Bearitos Taco package mix I saw in the picture. I use it for tacos, bean soup and other things. Great product.