Join NFCA as EA Stewart, also known as The Spicy RD and one of NFCA's Ask the Dietitian bloggers, outlines 10 ways dietitians can engage their gluten-free pediatric and adolescent patients in healthy eating habits.
Sponsored by Blue Diamond Growers, this hour-long webinar is free of charge and the only requirement is a working Internet connection!
Using her Top Ten Tips, EA will:
- Discuss the dietitian’s role in instilling healthy emotional and physical habits in children with celiac disease.
- Share strategies that dietitians can use to motivate their young patients to make nutritionally sound gluten-free choices
- Explore ways that young kids living gluten-free can successfully manage the limitations of their diet by making healthy and creative food choices
- Identify tools dietitians can share with the gluten-free child to ensure that they have a safe dining experience away from home.
- And more!
Three Webinar participants will be randomly selected to win a special prize pack from Blue Diamond. Each prize pack includes:
· 1 bag of gluten-free Baked Nut Chips - Sea Salt
· 1 bag of gluten-free Baked Nut Chips - Nacho
· 1 bag of gluten-free Baked Nut Chips - Sour Cream & Chive
Have a question for EA? Send your inquiries to kvoorhees@CeliacCentral.org by Thursday, October 13th for a chance to have your inquiry answered live during the Webinar! (Please title the email subject line "webinar question").
Continuing Education Credits: See CeliacCentral.org/webinars for details.Note: A recording of each Webinar will be posted along with the Webinar slides within 72 hours after the live Webinar ends. To download recorded Webinars and slides, visit the Archived Webinars page at CeliacCentral.org/webinars/archive.
|Title:||Top 10 Ways to Get Gluten-Free Kids to Eat Healthy|
|Date:||Thursday, October 20, 2011|
|Time:||2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT|
|After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.|