Thursday, February 17, 2011

Mrs. Mays Pumpkin Crunch

I'm not a fan of the Mrs. Mays snack bars, they are way to hard, but the company makes an assortment of crunch clusters, in small and larger bags, and I recently decided to branch out for my afternoon snack and try Mrs. Mays Pumpkin Crunch. For me I hear pumpkin and immediately think pumpkin pie, and that flavor pallet, but really it's just pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, and some rice malt to hold it together.


The flavor is mellow, slightly crunchy; not hard like my previous experience with this brand. It is a little crumbly, at least this flavor, so be prepared for a few crumbs. They do however have 9 grams of protein in a 2 OZ bag, so they're a great snack to pick up when you're in a hurry, and need something to hold you over, but you just don't want to eat yet another snack/protein bar. I'm interested in trying some of the other flavors they offer these clusters in, especially the strawberry pineapple clusters.

No comments: