Wednesday, February 9, 2011

7 Sisters Pizza

There's a new gluten free pizza in town... you'll find it in your freezer section at least in Sacramento, or you can dine directly with them in the Citrus Heights area. Wondering who I'm talking about? It's 7 Sisters Italiano. Her only retail item at the moment is a cheese pizza kit: two rectangular crusts, house made tomato sauce, and homemade fresh mozzarella. The kit costs about $11.00, but considering the crust is already broken down into two it can easily be made into two meals, which comes to $5.50 a pizza, which is about the cost of two Udi's crusts.


The pizza is not dairy-free friendly because their is dry milk powder in the crust, but for those of us who can have dairy the fresh cheese is amazing! Now as for the actual assembly of the pizza, the sauce can become a little thin when it thaws if you throw it straight on the pizza and pop it in the oven. What I would suggest is thawing the sauce in a bowl of warm water before hand to prevent any sogginess that can occur from the extra moisture of being frozen.

I haven't dined at their retail location as of yet; I did attempt to once but there hours are a little obscure, and don't exactly mesh with my availability, so I suggest you confirm their hours. You can find those and other tidbits about this brand/establishment on facebook or on their website.

Overall, I'm happy to see another option on the market, although it does not bet out my current favorite. I suggest you try it out and be your own judge, and let me know what you think. Leave a comment here, or better yet review them directly on facebook; they have a tab for that :-)

No comments: