Monday, November 29, 2010

Garlic Mashed Potatoes

When I was growing up, every thanksgiving there were both mashed potatoes and sweet potato casserole on the table. I love sweet potato casserole, and have mastered my mother's version. As for the mashed potatoes, well I think I've stumbled upon my own, awesome version. Whether you like them smooth or chunky, or somewhere in between this recipe is always tasty.

Ingredients
3 lbs. unpeeled red potatoes, quartered *this will make 4 servings
4-6 Tbsp butter
3 ounces Romano cheese, grated- *any hard cheese will do
2 1/2 tablespoons raw chopped garlic
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried parsley











Directions
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 25 minutes, but it depends on how small the pieces are.
2. Drain potatoes.
3. Stir in butter, cheese, garlic, salt and oregano. The more you stir the smoother they'll get.
4. Do a taste test, but otherwise you'll be good to go. Just Serve & Enjoy!

No comments: