Thursday, June 24, 2010

Mrs. Leeper Dinner Kits

About a month ago I tried Mrs. Leepers pasta for the first time and wasn't overly impressed but I decided to give the brand another chance and try out Mrs. Leepers dinner kits. There are six flavor options, and I decided to go with the Chicken Alfredo. You need to add in some milk and some chicken, and you'll have a complete 1-dish casserole, although I suggest adding in some steamed broccoli, or some sort of vegetable on the side.

In the making process I thought it asked for an awful lot of liquids, and as a result the sauce didn't get as thick as I would have liked, but it was close. The flavor was a little bland, so I added in some salt, pepper, and garlic, and with all of that it became a fairly tasty meal. The pasta does get a little limp, shall we say, after sitting a bit, so I wouldn't say this is something you want to have leftovers of. I would be more impressed if this was a dairy free mix, but overall it was decent. I'd be curious to try their mac & cheese.

No comments: