Thursday, April 8, 2010

Get your Guru On

I was looking for a substitute for soda that wasn't juice and found Guru. I've tried the Guru and the Gurulite, but they offer a few other options that I have yet to try, including a lemonade, an iced tea, and juice varieties. The basic guru has 100 calories in a 8.3OZ can and packs 125 mg punch of naturally occurring caffeine.

This drink is tasty, has less sugar (by a small amount) than soda, and has become somewhat of a staple in my fridge. The Gurulite, well, it only has 10 calories, so as you can imagine the flavor changes dramatically, in a not-so-pleasant-way, at least in my opinion. It was a labored effort for me to finish the one Gurulite I had. Sure it would be better for me, but I think most people know I'm in love with sweets and sugar.

Guaranteed gluten free, and cheaper than Starbucks = good for me :-)

1 comment:

fibrohubby said...

I've never heard of that before. Is it advertised as gluten free, or did you have to read the label to find out?