Friday, January 29, 2010

Miglets Gluten Free Bakery

Last winter I discovered Miglet's Gluten Free Bakery at a big event in San Francisco, and her red velvet cupcakes are to die for! Her bakery currently does not have a retail front, but her products can be found at Mariposa's Bakery in Oakland, and Drager's Market in the bay area. Closer to my home, Gluten Free Specialty brought her products in for the holiday, and will continue to carry them on special occasions.

For instance, for Valentine's Day GFS will be offering a package of 12 mini cupcakes from Miglets, as well as some other treats. I have already told my husband I want some of those mini cupcakes for Valentine's Day, and if he doesn't buy them, I will just have to get them myself. I've tried her peppermint cupcakes as well, it was an accidentally mix up, and I don't like mint, but man I liked whatever she did to her mint cupcakes.

It seems that she can accommodate gluten free, dairy free, and even some egg free versions of her products, and in addition to cupcakes, offers small cakes, tarts, and pies. Plus, from what I'm told, this bakery offers gluten free wedding cake options. Now if I had gotten married in this area, I would definitely consider her services in that department, and I know many people in my area are always looking for special occasion cakes, so do consider Miglets.

(You can read more about Miglets Bakery, and their association with the Taylor Foundation responsible for Camp Celiac in the San Francisco bay area....here)

1 comment:

Olinda said...

Sounds delicious, very dangerous for me since I like just about everything.