Monday, February 1, 2010

Let's Play Fluxx!

We're big card game players in my house, and one game that we absolutely love is Fluxx. With chocolate on the brain I couldn't help notice during the last play that the people who created this game also had chocolate on the brain.
This game has rules that continuously change, and you win by having the two items on a goal card. So as shown in the picture, a goal could be chocolate milk, which means you need both the card that shows chocolate on it, and the card that shows milk on it to win. The catch is the goal (how you win) is always changing, as are the other rules...how many cards you draw or play each turn, and more. One of my favorite goals is squishy chocolate, but what makes this game even cooler is you can create your own goals on blank cards the company sells.

Now since I love all that is food-related, I thought up some nifty ones they should add, or you could add on blank cards. And I'm willing to share...for instance what about a goal of Potato Skins; you'd need Potato & Cheese to win. Or what about Hot Potato- potato & sun to win.

Anyhow, I own version 3.1 and now they're on to version 4.0. Plus it comes in various editions, such as a family themed one, an eco-friendly themed edition, and others. I think I need to invest in some more blank fluxx cards and the martian edition. Truly, check this game and their others out at Looneylabs.com.

No comments: