Thursday, January 28, 2010

Gluten Free Chocolate with Bacon

I love chocolate, and I love bacon, (although I went through a period of time that I won't eat it) but do I love them together? I sure do! A few months ago I was in Whole Foods and saw some fancy bacon chocolate and thought to myself, "hmm, that's interesting." However, as time passed I continued to think about that mysterious chocolate, and eventually I caved. I bought it. $2 for a 5 OZ piece. About a week after I tried it, I learned that according to the Fancy Food Show that was held recently, bacon is a current food trend. And it's going to be showing up in all types of products. I was iffy about the chocolate and ended up liking it, but how will my taste buds feel about bacon flavored ice cream? I'm let you know when I can get my hands on some.

For now, do I dare say I have a new expensive addiction? Fancy chocolate is on the rise, and I think Vosges Haut-Chocolate is one of the leaders of the pack. Check out Mike and my initial reactions to their Bacon Bar:

No comments: