Monday, January 11, 2010

Candy Tree Licorice

In high school I was a red vine a-holic, so when it comes to gluten free licorice I've tried the products I can get my hands on. Thus far I have tried Black Ace Licorice, which was good, but more like a Dot then licorice, and Licorice International Red Scotties, which truly was like eating a red vine, just in a different shape. I had requested that my local store should carry Candy Tree Licorice, as it was popping up on all the websites, but I didn't want to pay shipping. A few months later, I found 3 varieties on the shelf- Cherry Vines, Strawberry Vines, and regular black licorice vines. I snagged a pack of strawberry and went home to enjoy them during a movie with my husband.

My thoughts about Candy Tree: The strawberry flavor was there, and while it resembled a red vine more so then the other products I tried, it didn't taste like one. It had a nice soft chewy about it, and I'd like to try the Cherry flavor, but for now the Scotties win.

My husbands thoughts about Candy Tree: He thought it was a little plasticy, but this time I'm going to say ignore him.

No comments: