Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Is that Cookie For Me?

I was introduced to a new and tasty gluten free product over the holiday season: Cookies for Me?. The company is based in Pennsylvania, so I think it's an absolute treat to find them here in California.

Now I have to say I was very apprehensive about these cookies at first, because they are gluten free, egg free, nut free, and dairy free, and food products that are free of multiple allergens understandably seem to have a harder time maintaining a good taste and texture. Not these! To the touch these cookies do seem quite firm, which can sometimes be a sign that that gluten free cookie isn't going to taste good. However, once you open up the package, you can see for yourself that the cookie is somewhat flaky, and absolutely delicious.

Cookies for Me? made some adorable holiday-themed sugar cookies, and I'm hoping they come out with some equally fun ones for Valentine's Day.

No comments: