Sunday, November 29, 2009

We Gobbled Down Some Grub...

I was really looking forward to Thanksgiving simply because it meant I would have 3 days off in a row. I worked super super hard, as working at a gluten free grocery store will bust your butt if you don't have the stamina, and then I got to sit on my butt for 3 days. I sat on my butt on the couch, in the car, at the theater, at some great restaurants with gluten free menus, and then in the car again.

So on Thanksgiving Day my husband and I had a very casual, but classic day. We work up late, watched a movie, and I made Cornish game hens and wild rice and mushroom stuffing (recipe to be posted in another post). For dessert I was going to make pumpkin pie, but I was burnt out from work, and the night before Thanksgiving I just happened to bring home some delicious apple and pumpkin pie slices from Farmer's Kitchen Cafe, courtesy of Gluten Free Specialty.

During the afternoon my husband surprised me and started what he called an "art project." This from the guy that doesn't understand how just about anything can be called art and get away with it. In any case he made a wire tree out of a CAT-5 Ethernet cable. He did a pretty impressive job. We ended our day happy and sleepy like I think most do on Thanksgiving. I mean in my house it was pretty much tradition to all fall asleep at some point in the afternoon. On "Black Friday" we didn't go shopping, we....to be continued.

1 comment:

Olinda said...

Sounds like a great day to relax and you both needed it. Sometimes you just have to sit and relax. Ahhhhhh