Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Enjoy Life Trail Mixes

Even though most gluten free snack bars are made out of nuts and dried fruits, I don't always want to eat a chewy or dense snack bar; straight trail mix is a nice snack too. Recently I was sent product from Enjoy Life to try out, including their 2 varieties of Trail Mix: Beach Bash (containing Sunflower Kernels, Pineapple; Roasted Hulled Pumpkin Seeds, Cranberries, and Apricots) and Mountain Mambo (containing Sunflower Kernels, Roasted Hulled Pumpkin Seeds, Raisins, Dried Apples, Chocolate Chips, and Cranberries). Both varieties are nut free, soy free, dairy free, and gluten free

After trying both, I can say that while both are very good, I find myself favoring the Mountain Mambo, I think because it doesn't have pineapple, and does have chocolate chips. All the trail mixes at the grocery store in bulk bins look so good, but I think most of us with food allergies know it's best to stay away for numerous reasons (cross contamination, and poor labeling to name a few). My new Whole Foods does offer a nice trail mix bar that is well labeled, but then it's priced per pound, and gets expensive quickly, which is why Enjoy Life offers a great option without any of those concerns.

The bags are resealable, which is great, because some companies don't think about that. And the bag itself is a good size; big enough for two to snack on during a hike, but not too big or awkward to store in a pack. The only thing I really would suggest or like to see added in is dried banana chips. Otherwise, I give these trail mixes a 4.5 out of 5, and consider a must have for my next road trip and/or hike.

1 comment:

Olinda said...

These look good. I will have to give them a try.