Friday, November 6, 2009

Soyatoo: A Gluten Free, Dairy Free Whip Topping

A few months ago I saw a product, Soyatoo, in Living Without Magazine. I was excited to finally discover a gluten free, dairy free whipping cream, and whip cream topping alternative. And if you are also soy free, they do also make a rice based product that is soy free. I've had the whipping cream in my fridge for awhile, and finally got around to trying it out.

I was going to make mousse with it, but first I needed to know it would actually whip up right. It was sort of gross squeezing it out of the box, but once I turned the hand mixer on it didn't take much. The consistency is on par, and as for the taste, it's not bad. Of course it has a a mild soy taste, but if you're going to add flavor in, like by making mousse, or having it ontop of cheesecake, it's very unlikely, in my opinion, that anyone would notice.

You can buy it online at VeganEssentials.com or call the company and find out where it is sold by you.

1 comment:

Olinda said...

I will definitely be looking for this one since I have been complaining about this for years.