Thursday, November 5, 2009

Crave Bakery Cheesecake

At the Gluten Free Cooking Spree in San Francisco last week, I finally got to meet Cameo Edwards, owner of Crave Bakery. She was super generous in giving my husband and I product to review for GFree TV. We will be having a couple episodes featuring their products, and typically we like to make sure our first taste of a product we've never had before is live on the show, so the viewer gets our authentic reaction.

With all the desserts in our fridge, and feeling slightly under the weather, we popped open the cheesecake the other night without turning on the video camera. In any case, we've had several bites, and my husband and I have mixed feelings. The cheesecake part is right on par with taste and texture, although Mike thought it should be slightly thicker (taller). As for the crust, which appears to be made from almonds, we have mixed reviews. I liked the taste, although a little greasy, probably from the oil of the nuts, but my husband says cheesecake should only be made on a graham cracker crust. Keeping this all in mind we rate this cheesecake a 3.75 on a scale of 1-5. It sure is great to see some delicious gluten free premade pies and cheesecakes, especially with the upcoming holiday season.

No comments: