Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Glutino crackers make a great breading

With my busy schedule it only took 1.5 months to finish reading my copy of Delight Magazine, and discovered several recipes I wanted to try out. There was a recipe for chicken nuggets from Kyle Kirby that I tweaked a little and it was absolutely delicious. Who needs straight breadcrumbs when you have some Glutino crackers and a Blendtec in the house. I used a combination of plain and vegetable flavored Glutino crackers, that the blendtec turned into straight dust with a few pulses. Add in a little salt, pepper, garlic, and onion powder, and you've got a great breading!

For dipping sauces we had a horseradish mayo (used my honey mustard salad dressing recipe and added in a spoonful of extra mayo and some creamed horseradish) and a spicy ketchup (ketchup and some Oli's Sweet 'n Spicy Sauce combined). Everything was delicious.

No comments: