Monday, August 18, 2008

Delicious Salad Dressing

When I first switched my diet over to the world of gluten free I was sad about saying goodbye to my beloved ranch dressing. I was eating and still do have a salad at least six times a week and ranch was it; I did not use anything else. The brands I found that offered a gluten free ranch dressing were just not the same, and I had to branch out and try different flavors.

I found it interesting that within the realm of gluten free salad dressing, the flavors were more diverse than I was expecting. There's your typical Cesar and Italian, but then you find things like Miso Ginger and Sesame Orange and those just do not excite me. I'm just a mainstream salad dressing type of person.

When we got the Blendtec blender one of the first things I tried out was a recipe for salad dressing. Now several months have gone by and I have yet to purchase salad dressing from the store because I can make it at home with other basic ingredients in the house. I have fallen in love with this honey mustard dressing from Blendtec and felt the urge to share it with the rest of you!

Honey Mustard Salad Dressing:

1 1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup honey
1 Tbsp vinegar
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp minced fresh parsley
2 Tbsp prepared mustard

1 comment:

Olinda said...

OK,
I tried this in MY blender making my own mayo etc. All I can say is THIS IS MY NEW FAVORITE. It now has its OWN coveted dressing bottle. I am hooked. Go ahead. It's great ..., and it's good on hamburgers too. Try this on raw veggies YUM!
Oli