Monday, July 27, 2009

Fast & Fresh

Back in May I attended the gluten free vendor fair in Sacramento and picked up a sample of a Fast & Fresh Cinnamon Coffee Cake Mix made by Foodtek, a company based out of New Jersey. Sadly they are on the opposite coastline, however they are currently offering free shipping on orders of $25 or more. Their products are not only great for busy moms, but for anyone who is gluten free and just wants a quick dessert without too much work. Sold as a 4 pack of individual servings in a plastic container, for roughly $6, these mixes only require adding water, mixing, and popping them into the microwave.

After a long day of work, and dealing with ants in the house, I yearned for something sweet, but didn't want to make anything that would have to be stored, so this was perfect timing for me to try out the Foodtek mix. After only 3 minutes I was able to dine on my coffee cake. Light, fluffy, and just a little crumbly, I was super impressed, and so was my glutinous-consuming husband.

The Packaging

Mixing

Fresh out of the Pan

The End Result

No comments: