Saturday, August 1, 2009

A is for Avocado

Not more than 2 years ago I absolutely hated avocados, but I have come to love them more and more. A fellow blogger suggested I try out a chocolate cake with avocado frosting recipe and I was game. My mother-in-law loves experimenting in the kitchen as much as I do, so I was waiting for her to come visit to try this out. If you're an avocado-purest you may not like this, but if you're someone who is open to new tastes, I really think you should try this out. The frosting tastes like vanilla, with a very mild hint of avocado on the back end.

Ingredients:
1 lb powdered sugar
1/4 cup crisco
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp lemon juice
3 small avocados

Directions:
1. Peel & pit the avocados.
2. Smash up the avocado with the back of a spoon or a blender.
3. In a bowl combo the avocado and lemon juice.
4. Add the vanilla, crisco, and powdered sugar.
5. Whisk with a mixer until creamy.
6. Spread on your cake of choice and enjoy.

It's fabulous on chocolate cake!

No comments: