Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Getting Piggy Widdit

A while back I stumbled upon a company called DippyChick, founded by a stay-at-home mom in New Hampshire. The company offers a wide variety of gluten free dip mixes, as well as others that are sodium-, sugar-, and dairy-free. And if you are one of those people who really like to research a product before purchasing, they have a great "special diets" page that talks about all their ingredients.

They also seem to pride themselves on customer service, a rarity these days. I ordered a sample back around Christmas and, at the time, the east coast was having a horrible snow storm. The woman emailed me from Starbucks since the majority of people were out of power for a week, and let me know that my order had be received and that I would still receive it in time for Christmas.

They offer a buy 7, get the 8th free deal, or they are $3.95 each. Perhaps a little pricey, but it is a small company and it is a cutesy, yet practical product. All the mixes have super cute names like Ya Gotta Jump, Chive, and Wail, Twisted Tornado Tomato, and Getting Piggy Widdit, just to name a few. In addition to being great for dips, the seasoning packages are great for spicing up some chicken or steak real quick, as well as vegetables or mashed potatoes. We eat a lot of chicken in my house and I was looking for something different, so I decided to drizzle some olive oil and rub the Getting Piggy Widdit seasoning on. We grilled the chicken up and it was delicious, and the leftovers were great in salad.

This is definitely a great gift for your favorite Celiac friend or family member. I hope I'll see them in a store near me soon.

1 comment:

Olinda said...

These sound very good. I will have to try these.