Thursday, April 2, 2009

Lunch on the Go

After hearing from many customers at Gluten Free Specialty that this was one of their favorite grab and go lunch items I decided to try it out. St. DalFour Gourmet on the Go Wild Salmon with vegetables comes in a can like tuna, only with a pop top, a mini fork, and some salt and pepper.

At first the packaging reminded me of cat food, which made this item seem less appealing to me, as I've had a cat since I was little, but I looked past my weird mental association and went for it, and it was delicious. And I only mention this weird connection because I know other people have them too and every now and then you should try to get pass them and try something new; whether it's an activity or a food item.

I added a little bit of salt and pepper and mixed it up, as the flaked salmon is on the bottom, covered by potatoes, carrots, and beans. Only 210 calories for the whole can, and it was perfectly satisfying. This item is great when you're on the go, need a quick fix, and you don't have a microwave or a refrigerator. As the box says perfect for " lunch time, office break, hungry at home, late at night, school lunch, picnics," and I would like to add road trips. You really should try this out.

No comments: