Friday, March 27, 2009

Pizza! Pizza! Read all about it!

A while back I posted about Z Pizza now offering a GF pizza crust, and I finally got a chance to experience it. I had heard from others how they thought their GF crust was the best, but my best friend and I have to disagree. Unlike other pizza parlors who offer Still Riding Crust, Z Pizza makes their own GF crust in a safe facility. This place is definitely more of a delivery joint with just a few tables rather than a sit down pizza joint, like Amici's. Besides the atmosphere, their regular pizza prices are really reasonable. The GF crust costs an additional $4 making our basic pizza $17; not completely unreasoanble. The crust itself was very thin, which I like, except for it wasn't strong enough to hold all the toppings. We examined the flyer about the crust, and the entire crust is less than 250 calories, which is impressive, but the overall taste and quality, was just....ok. It's nice to have the options and if I were near my location, I would go back and try it again, but on a scale of 1-10, we gave Z Pizza a 6.5 and Amici's a 8.75.

Paul Martin's American Bistro on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, Z Pizza doesn't make their own crust, they're distributed by Domata, which is not an all GF company by any means. The pizza crust may be their only GF product. I ought to know - I had extensive correspondence with Z Pizza after the celiacs in my family got very sick off of their "gf" pizza. The staff seemed poorly trained, the pizzas we had were best described as "soggy" and not very tasty, and the cost was only $1 less than we pay at Amici's for good service, better pizza and healthy villi!

Debbie said...

It's interesting how a company will tell you one thing and yet you get conflicting information. I wonder if they used to make it and now they get it from Domata, or the other way around. Either way I don't think I will be going back there as the pizza wasn't good and the service was indeed poor. Amici's is the best GF pizza thus far.