Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!

I spent my entire birthday day with my best friend. We sang, we laughed, and there were some dancing twirls mixed in there too. We started out our day having some dresses for the wedding altered, and then we decided to meander down main street in Martinez, CA. We strolled into many very cool thrift and antique stores. There were cookie jar collections, great old jewelry, every old McDonald's toy ever made, etc. And the beauty of it all, we didn't buy a thing lol. Ok I take that back, we bought some truffles at a local candy shop- yum. And luck was on our side, as we parked in a 2-hour parking space, and let's just say we lost track off time.

Then we started to head back towards Sacramento and stopped off in Vacaville to try our luck at Amici's Pizzeria, who carries a gluten free crust. Since we were there in-between the lunch and dinner rush we pretty much had the place to ourselves, and we had a blast. I sported my birthday wrapping and grubbed on some delicious pizza.

I got some great gifts, including this game called Dicecapades, which comes with 133 dice! Crazy. It's wicked fun! After our pizza we went back to my place to play it. It's got these super tiny dice, poker dice, picture dice, and so much more. And I got a new cookbook from my sweetie- 1,000 Gluten Free Recipes by Carol Fenster, which means I'll have many a recipe to share.

Mike had been sick and I was super glad I stayed healthy long enough to enjoy my birthday. Luckily Mike was feeling up to being part of the fun last night, and even partook in the traditional eating of the birthday cupcakes. I've always loved strawberry frosting.

1 comment:

Jamie and Preston said...

I am so glad that you had an awesome birthday! I am so sorry that I couldn't make it out to celebrate with you! Just know that I was thinking of you!