Monday, November 17, 2008

Reading Rainbow

I have been reading the Harry Potter series since last spring and last night I finally reached the last page of book seven yearning for more. I had never read a 700+ book before for any recreational purposes, and all 7 books were 450+ pages. At first I was completely against all the hype associated with the series but I was desperate for a fantasy (reality-escaping) read, so my friend loaned me all the books. They were quite intriguing, and then I got Mike hooked to the movies, and now....we have to wait for the next Harry Potter movie to come out which I hear is supposed to happen in summer of 2009, but the movies are not my major concern. WHAT do I read now??? I've never really had a favorite author, so I've always struggled finding a good book, but do like to read. Science fiction, mystery, and drama are my thing, so anyone out there have any suggestions?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Eight by Katherine Neville was quite fantastic and I have just recently found out there will be a sequel :) I also have a trillogy you may like by Nora Roberts. I should have access to a copy of each let me know if they spark and interest :)

Jeannine

Olinda said...

Nothing takes me away like the book "Clan of the Cave Bear" The setting is back when people were first discovering themselves and other types of people. I know you like people watching and this is like living through their eyes. There is a whole series of books. Start with the very first one and just keep reading. I have read this one over and over again. Her description of the layout of the lands and the details are wonderful. A lot of research was done on these books.

Jamie and Preston said...

Stephanie Meyer-Twilight Series! Such an easy fun read. Totally sucks you in! I read all four 400+ books in one week! Love them!

Debbie said...

I'm in chapter 3 of The Eight. Still on the fence about it. I'm also going to look into the Twilight series. Thanks for all the suggestions.