Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Homemade Blueberry Ice Cream

I have a major sweet tooth; it used to be for candy bars, but now it's for homemade treats. During the summer a frozen treat is a nice change and while I love purely decadent ice cream it's nice to make something fresh. I had been blueberry picking about a month ago and finally decided to make something in the blender. This ice cream is not your typical ice cream but still is quite delicious. The use of flavored creamer really enhanced the sweetness and out of the four people who tasted it the 2 girls loved it and the 2 guys thought it was too sweet. Try it out and share your opinion.

Blueberry Ice Cream

1 cup nondairy creamer (I used french vanilla flavor)
2 cups fresh or froze blueberries
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup ice cubes

*can be made in a blender or regular ice cream maker

3 comments:

Jamie and Preston said...

Ok seriously, every time I check your blog I feel the need to go eat....is this some kind of secret get Jamie fat plan? Hmmmm.....

Olinda said...

This sounds wonderful and refreshing. Have you run into any casine free creamer by chance?
I am going to the store to get blueberries for the icecream and more honey for the dressing recipe and eggs to make my mayo from scratch. I am so excited!

ChristinaL30 said...

Mmmm, that sounds so good! I can't wait to try it, but ... What brand of creamer you use that's GF? I've read on other sites that flavored coffees and coffee creamers all have gluten in them. (Thankfully, my GFCF kids don't drink coffee yet!) I'll probably try a GFCF cream sub & add my own vanilla, etc.
Olinda, a good CF creamer is Silk brand coffee creamer. (Dunno if it's GF, tho.)
Debbie, I hope to post again after trying it. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!