Thursday, September 1, 2011

Mediterranean Flare

What does one do when all you have is vegetables and beans in the house? Well you end up making a variety of vegetarian dishes.  This week it just happened to be some Lebanese dishes. Surely people must make hummus at home because it's just so simple, and such a great, healthy snack- I love it with cucumbers.  Maghmoor, however, is probably a little less common of a dish in most households.  I was iffy about making this because it calls for a small amount of mint (I HATE MINT), but I just used half of what was called for and it was ok.

The dish is pretty much just eggplant, tomatoes, and garbanzo beans, with a few other vegetables. Since it's supposed to be eaten with pita bread I had to substitute and used crackers, but mainly I just ate it by itself, because it was good.  The food lesson here is don't let the name of the dish scare you, you just might like it. I know I'll be making this again.  Plus I know I'm eating 5-7 servings of vegetables a day- are you?

No comments: