Monday, May 9, 2011

Chobani Greek Yogurt

Chobani is not your typical yogurt. I've had plain greek yogurt before but it did not taste anything like this brand. I generally try not to consume too much dairy, but a yogurt once a week or so is fine for me.  This stuff is not your ordinary greek yogurt: it's all natural, no preservatives, and has 3 probiotics in it. With 14 g of protein in it, this paired with high fiber toast is a great breakfast for me, or a great afternoon snack. 

It comes in 10 great flavors, but I bought my two favorite flavors when it comes to yogurt- blueberry and strawberry. I've seen it for sale from $1.29 to $1.99, so you might be thinking you'll stick with your $.59 cent yoplait (not knocking them, also a good product) but Chobani yogurt is in a different category of goodness and worth the extra buck.

I tried the blueberry first and liked the has real fruit on the bottom of the cup that you can mix in.  I didn't mix it completely though.  I liked having the plain greek yogurt with just a little taste of fruit here and there. It's super creamy, thicker than regular yogurt but light; almost like a thick homemade whip cream consistency to it. Truly this could be a dessert.  And here's a random tidbit for you, straight from their website,"Did you know it takes three pounds of milk to make one pound of Chobani?" Holy cow.

No comments: