Monday, April 4, 2011

Ooey Gooey Goodness!

I hadn't made any dessert for a few days and asked my husband what he was craving.  His response was something healthy.  That response stomped me. I was flipping through cookbooks and came across a recipe for "Hello Dollies." Not sure where the name came from and probably is called something else by another author, but anyhow....

I've made something like this before and I realized I had all the ingredients in the pantry, so it certainly did not meet his request, but with no added cost to make, and considering it's level of ease to make, it was a must do.  In fact, it was a must do at about 10:30pm because I was having a craving.

The recipe came straight out of one of my cookbooks, Nearly Normal Cooking for Gluten Free Eating.  Basically pick your pan, add in butter, graham crackers, coconut, chocolate chips, nuts, and sweetened condensed milk. It's generally equal parts of everything, and bake and 350 degrees until it gets brown. If you make this for a friend, a loved-one, or a neighbor, they'll love you for it.  That is if you're willing to give some up :-)

1 comment:

Olinda said...

I have hear of this cookie but never had the opportunity to make them gluten free!