Friday, March 18, 2011

CocoHydro

I am a lover of coconut water, Taste Nirvana brand specifically, but at $2 a bottle, it's kind of like my own "starbucks" habit, only better for me. So when I found a product that would allow me to make my own coconut water I was intrigued. Cocohydro is basically dried/evaporated coconut water; a powder you mix in to plain water and thus creates coconut water. The brand offers three flavor options: plain, pineapple, and pomegranate raspberry.  I happened to come across a sample of the pineapple water.

I was excited about this product because that meant I might be able to have a pitcher of coconut water in the fridge. Um no. I was very disappointed.  At first I followed the instructions of adding one tablespoon per 1 cup of water, and it just tasted weak, so I added more powder, trying to find the right balance.  In the end, at least with this pineapple option, it tasted like really weak Tang. Not what I was hoping for.

No comments: