Thursday, February 3, 2011

WoodStock Pizza has Gluten Free Crust

I recently discovered that Woodstock Pizza is offering a gluten free crust option. Now I know a lot about pizza and pizza crusts, and normally you get the option of a small or a medium gluten free crust, but at Woodstock gluten free only translates to a Large pizza, which is approximately 16 slices. This was truly the largest gluten free pizza I have ever had an opportunity to consume; one slice at a time of course.

I ordered the pasta primavera, which had pesto, tomatoes, broccoli, and artichokes, and I couldn't help but order extra cheese. It took about twenty minutes and then my pizza was delivery to the table. They didn't skimp on the veggies or the cheese! It was a thin crust but it was able to generally hold up against the weight of all the toppings. Crunchy, yet soft,- it was delicious. Now my suspicion is that the crust comes from a non-dedicated gluten free company and it is made in a non-dedicated area, so it could be two counts of cross contamination, but I personally did not have any gluten reactions.

As for cost, I used a coupon, but I think this bad boy would run you about $22 or so. Considering all the other GF pizza options I've eaten, and the size of the pizza, I think that's a pretty good deal.

Woodstock's Pizza on Urbanspoon

6 comments:

Kendra said...

Where is Woodstock pizza?

Leslie said...

I didn't find any in Sacramento, was it the Davis location? BTW, as a newbie to the gluten-free world your blog has been a fantastic resource.

Debbie said...

Leslie- yes I went to the Davis location, although it is a California chain, so there are many options for travelers, etc. Glad you find the blog a help. Are you a Sac local? Have you been to Gluten Free Specialty?

Leslie said...

Hi Debbie- yes, Sac local and have been to the Gluten Free Specialty a few times and based on your recommendation picked up some Canyon Bakehouse bread. I was so happy to find hamburger buns that looked and tasted great! Still looking for a french bread substitute, any suggestions? We tried the gluten free pantry french bread mix and it was not good.

Debbie said...

There's a premade baguette Gluten free Specialty carries that's like french bread. It comes in a brown bag in the frozen section. There's also Mariposa baguettes- those are good.

Anonymous said...

I believe the large has 10 slices.