Monday, January 10, 2011

Pesto Drumsticks

So I was feeling lazy. I had drumsticks and a crockpot. Now what kind of sauce to whip up? All I used was a pesto packet; mixed in a little extra olive oil and maybe 1/4 cup of water to add a little extra liquid, poured it over the drumsticks, and turned it on low. I have never had such delicious-moist-flavorful drumsticks before. Add a side of sauteed spinach with mushrooms and you've got yourself one killer meal. My husband's words: "Who needs a grill when your wife can cook like this!" I'm glad it can be so easy to please sometimes.

1 comment:

Jamie and Preston said...

MMM! Sounds amazing and I just so happen to have all the ingredients on hand! I'm thinking dinner tomorrow night with a side of brown rice for the kids and a yet to be determined veggie. Thanks for the quick meal idea-as a Mom of two crazy busy boys, quick meals are my favorite!