Friday, January 28, 2011

Homemade Almond Joys

Would the average person attempt to make their own almond joys when they could just buy one? Probably not, but then I'm a little not and making your own eliminates cross contamination issues for those of us with food allergies- and depending on what type of chocolate you choose to use, it's dairy free too!

Now mine ended up being way larger than anticipated, not bite size, but more the size of a giant peanut butter cup. Next time, and there will be a next time, I'm going to use my mini muffin tin pan, but this time I used a regular muffin pan lined with cupcake liners. Super simple! I snagged the recipe off a paleo-diet website I was referred to by a friend.

Now for taste- AMAZING! I wish I could have captured the eye-popping, food-pleasure noises my husband made when he first tried this.

1 comment:

Olinda said...

I want eye popping pleasure too. Fork over the recipe please.