Friday, December 31, 2010

Resolutions

New Year's Resolutions...I think they're a crock. We eat a bunch of crap, extra sweets and such, from Thanksgiving to Christmas, and then we're mad at ourselves and declare it's diet time. Really you just lost self control and are mad at yourself, but after a month or less you've had it with salads and small portions, and go back to old habits. Thus I ask kindly, please, please, don't declare dieting as your new year's resolution.

Instead of declaring a resolution, set a goal. A resolution is supposed to be a solution to a problem, which is negative thinking in terms of new year's resolutions; goals are positive steps forward. Set goals, and they don't just have to be set at the beginning of the year either.

With that said I wish everyone a Safe and Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Olinda said...

I don't like resolutions, I just do "adjustments".