Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Tacos!

It's a rarity for a package to show up on my doorstep that I'm not expecting, and when 3 really large boxes show up I have to ask myself if it's really for me. That's exactly what happened to me last week. I received 12 boxes of Ortega Taco Shells: 4 white corn, 4 yellow corn, and 4 whole grain corn. Guess it's a good think I'm not truly allergic to corn :-) They all list gluten free on the box now, but other that that I'm not sure what to say, really. I'm thankful but a little perplexed about how the company got my information; I wasn't really able to solve that quandary even after speaking with versus people from the company.

So on to the product: It's a crunchy hard corn shell. What's funny about this is my husband does not like hard shelled tacos; he of course, likes the soft small flour tortillas. When I'm in a caring mood, I'll allow them in the kitchen, but 90% of the time it's a complete gluten free zone. And since we're on the topic of hard versus soft tacos, I'm curious how everyone else loves their tacos. Leave me a comment and let me know. What I also find a quandary is that someone who won't eat tomatoes ever will put tomato-based salsa on their tacos. Strange, but I guess we all have "weird" food issues.

What I do know for sure is that there are many nights of tacos and tortilla soup in my future.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

We eat the hard taco shells but do like the soft as well. My problem is they only seem to make the white corn and yellow corn soft tortillas so small. They just won't do for chicken fajitas. Has anyone else found this to be true? Because of my location, I have infinite brands available but I have never found a corn tortilla as large as a flour taco size.

Olinda said...

although I am corn sensitive I like them all.