Thursday, May 20, 2010

Namasta Toffee Vanilla Frosting Mix

Namaste Foods offers a wide selection of mixes (gluten free, wheat free, soy free, corn free, potato free, peanut free,tree nut free, dairy/casein free) in what slightly resembles a large brown lunch bag. Simple packaging, but then some products just don't need flashing packaging, because the product can speak for itself.

I recently tried out their toffee vanilla frosting mix (ingredients: brown sugar, rice milk powder, salt and pure ground vanilla bean), and as soon as I dumped the mixture into my bowl I was hit by a sweet aroma. Add in some butter and some water and turn on the mix master, and the result is some amazingly sweet, but delicious frosting. I normally lick the rim of the bowl a few times in the process of frosting whatever it is that I'm frosting, but by itself one taste was all I needed. And I love the super sweet! As a topping to a cake, or brownies, this frosting is a great companion, but for once I didn't put on a super thick layer.

I think this particular product is probably too sweet for most, but I enjoy it in small servings. I also think this could be great on top of banana cake, and I came to that realization before I looked at the back of the package and saw a recipe for one-bowl banana cake, so Namaste did their marketing well. Down the line I could certainly see myself trying out their bread or muffin mixes, and am glad I finally got around to trying one of their products.

No comments: