Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Glutino Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix

New to the Glutino line, at least for my area, is the Gluten Free Pantry Chocolate Chip Cookie & Cake Mix. The picture on the box sure does look delicious, but did the cookies I make resemble them? No. An immediate red flag to me was that their brownie mix has xanthan gum in it, but for some reason this mix does not, and I really wish I had noticed that before I chilled my dough, or I would have surely added some. Taste-wise, these cookies rock, but all they wanted to do was spread out into thin crisps on my bake sheet.

First tray of cookies- thin as can be. And this was after the two hours of chilling in the refrigerator, which was supposed to produce "thicker" cookies, per the box. Instead, I got cookie pancakes, lol.



Second tray of cookies- I turned the oven temperature up from 325 as instructed to 375 and decreased cooking time by 2 minutes. The result was slightly less "pancake-like" cookies, but this time a little too crunchy.


Third tray of cookies- I turned the oven temperature back down from 375 to 350. I kept the cooking time the same (1o min) and got the best results.

No comments: