Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Cookies & Cream Cheesecake Shots

Recently I started following a fellow Sacramento food blogger, Poor Girl Eats Well, and one of her first posts I saw was a recipe for Cookies & Cream Cheesecake Shots, which basically sounds like a no-bake cheesecake in a cup- awesome idea. I decided that his would be a super fun, and super simple Easter dessert for my husband and I. This was tasty, but not exactly the texture I was expecting. It was a little firmer then I would have liked; almost slightly rubbery. It did however improve after I took it out of the fridge and left it on the counter for about 30 minutes. At that point it was more thick and creamy. Don't get me wrong, we ate them, and enjoyed them, but I think I'll do some tweaking to the recipe when I make it next time.

Ingredients
8 oz package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup condensed milk
10 Oreo (or similar) cookies (I used Glutino oreo-style cookies)

Directions
1. In a blender or small food processor, pulse cookies until you end up with a coarse powder
2. Put about 2 Tbsp of cookie bits in the bottom of your shot glasses.
3. In a large bowl, beat the softened cream cheese with the condensed milk until smooth.
4. Add 2 tablespoons of ground cookie and mix until completely combined.
5. Assemble your shots by alternating between a spoonful of cookies & cream cheesecake mixture and cookie crumbs.
6. Top each shot glass with a few larger cookie pieces.
7. Chill before serving, and enjoy!

No comments: