Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Garlic and Spinach Shrimp Pasta

Again I was just working with what I had in the house, and came up with a tasty and quick shrimp dinner that was inspired by a recipe I found on allrecipes.com My husband generally does not like cooked spinach, but I love it. It was the one vegetable I would gobble up as a kid, so I've been trying to figure out ways to incorporate into dishes. The spinach in this dish is just slightly steamed, and not cooked to the point of being mushy, which it can become quickly. He said he didn't really notice it, so I achieved my goal.

Ingredients
2 Tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot
1 to 1/2 cups chicken broth
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 Tbsp dried parsley
2-3 Tbsp lemon juice
1/8 tsp ground red pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic
2 cups spinach
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup pine nuts
1 lb shrimp, shelled, deveined, tails removed
2 cups cooked pasta

Directions
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Saute fresh spinach with 1 Tbsp olive oil until cooked.
3. Mix cornstarch, broth, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, red pepper, and lemon juice in a saucepan.
4. Heat to a boil. Cook and stir until mixture thickens
.
5. Add shrimp. Cook 5 minutes or until shrimp is done.
6. Toss with pasta.

1 comment:

Olinda said...

I need to try this! Shrimp is on sale this week.