Friday, November 20, 2009

Organic Food Bar offers Kid's Line

I'm a woman on the go, and thus I always have some sort of snack bar in my purse. Most recently I picked up the Oohmega! Cherry Pie Organic Food Bar for Kid's, named after the fact that it contains 1,000 milligrams of Omega 3. Similar to Jungle Grub, this bar was designed to meet the SB12 food compliant program, so my question is while it is marketed to kids, does it satisfy the taste-buds of an adult?

Most raw bars that I have previously eaten are very thick (about a inch, Larabar for example). This bar, which is also raw, is much thinner (about a quarter of an inch), more compressed, and I like that a lot. This bar has a lot of great things going for it, in fact per the package it is "100 % ceriftied organic, has no refined sugar, nothing artifical, healthy fats, dairy free, no rice syrup, no high fructose corn syrup, peanut free, gluten free, gmo's free, and vegan." Now, as for flavor, it had a nice, sweet fruity taste, with whole organic cherries, but I really didn't get a bunch of cherry every bite. So while the flavor was pleasing, it didn't really scream cherry pie as much as I wanted it to. The same goes for the apple pie. Would a kid think differently? Maybe, but for me the flavor needs to be bummed up a notch. Overall, I still like them, but I'm not in love with them. I'd give them a solid 3 on a scale of 1-5.

1 comment:

Olinda said...

I have not tried these yet, I haven't found them at our store but when they hit they will go into Anthonys lunch bag.