Monday, October 19, 2009

Sweet Hoisin Salmon

Working in an all natural food store, where everything is gluten free, I instantly notice when we get in new products, and something slightly new to the shelf is Hoisin sauce. I love trying things out, so I bought a bottle, and brought it home to mix up my own marinade for salmon.

Ingredients:
5 Tbsp gluten free Hoisin sauce
2 Tbsp gluten free Worcestershire
2 Tbsp brown sugar
3 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp prepared mustard
1/4 Tsp garlic powder
1/2 Tsp salt

2 large salmon fillets

I marinaded them for about 45 minutes, and then we grilled them on direct high for 8 minutes and they were perfect. The flavor was a nice, sweet, barbecue-like flavor. Who says cooking has to be involved and time-consuming? With a little bit of creativity most meals can be easy and delicious.

1 comment:

Jamie and Preston said...

Debbie, your kitchen inventiveness amazes me! You should start a cooking show along with your G-free TV!