Friday, October 9, 2009

Brownies to Die For!

I've really gone back and forth about whether or not I wanted to share my brownie recipe with all of you. I've been making them for awhile now, and I switch up what I add in (nuts, chocolate, fruit, coconut, etc.) almost every time, and no matter what, they're good! So in the end I've decided not to be greedy, and share the magic with all of you, so that you too can make some fabulous brownies that always impress! This past go around I made them with fresh cranberries, and they were freakin' awesome, or as my husband would say "best ever!" With a slightly firm shell, and soft and moist on the inside, these are fudgetastic!










Dry Ingredients
1 cup GF flour mix (suggestion: 1/4 potato starch, 1/4 tapioca flour, 1/2 rice flour- I use Tom Sawyer)
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp xanthan gum

Wet Ingredients
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup warm water- but what makes them super moist and fabulous is Frangelico (gluten free, corn free, milk free)!

Add-In Suggestions
  • 1/2 cup walnuts
  • 1/2 cup almonds
  • 1 cup shredded coconut
  • And most recently I tried out 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
Directions
1. Mix flours, cocoa, baking powder, salt and xanthan gum.
2 In second bowl mix butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla.
3. Add dry to wet ingredients and add warm water (or Frangelico)
4. Mix well.
5. Add whatever add-ins you like.
6. Spread batter into 8-inch square greased pan or spread evenly into cupcake pans.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for roughly 25-28 minutes. (the toothpick won't come out completely clean, but that's just because they'll continue to cook a little on the counter)

1 comment:

Nancy - TheSensitivePantry.com said...

They look great~thanks for sharing!