Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Patio Garden

Living in an apartment we do our best to surround ourselves with foliage, and some potted fruits and vegetables out on the patio. Throughout the years I've gotten brave and attempted to grow lettuce and cauliflower in a pot, but this year I stuck with the basics: tomatoes and peppers.

We just harvested some of our baby jalapenos, and I knew better than to cut them without gloves on, yet I did it anyway. I had a cut on my pinky finger by the nail and sure enough 10 minutes later my entire finger was burning and turning red. In fact it still hurts as I sit here typing, but that just means I'm past the stage of having to hold my finger in a glass of milk, lol. And yes, I really did do that.

Was the burning worth it? Yup. We enjoyed some very tasty jalapeno poppers with our chicken for dinner.

No comments: