Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sofella Chocolate Cake Mix

Wandering through Costco I stumbled upon Sofella Chocolate Cake Mix. A gluten free cake mix at Costco? AWESOME! The one bummer is that not all Costco locations carry the same products. If you're lucky enough to stumble upon this, Costco was selling this box, which contains 2 cake mixes and 2 frosting packages for roughly $7! Again- AWESOME!

The cake itself: the batter seems thin, but it cooks up just right. It's a very moist and flaky cake. The frosting is quite sweet, (and I love sweets, so it says something if I think it's on the verge of too sweet) but I made cupcakes instead of cake, and then pumped frosting into the center instead of covering the entire top of the cupcake with frosting. Absolutely delicious!

1 comment:

Olinda said...

This is my favorite cake mix at this point. You feel like you are eating something very decadent. Piping icing inside the cupcake is better than frosting the whole thing. (I call them Bachelor Buttons) The frosting is a bit sweet but perfect for this particular flavor of cake. You can always make your own frosting too. It is just enough frosting for a a little suprise when you reach the center...like a hostess cup cake. These will be at the wedding for Anthony and I or whomever else wants a go at them.